Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tortillini Soup

I found this recipe in a Taste of Homes Cookbook a few years ago.  I made it once and the fam fell in love with it.  I have taken it to church potlucks and never have any left, and I always give out the recipe.  For a crowd, I combine this with the lasagna casserole and big salad.  They barely have room for dessert.



It is soo easy, it's embarrassing.  It is a brown and dump recipe.  Here is what you need:
Mild Italian Sausage (If I use links, I just cut it up into chunks)
2 12 oz cans of tomatoes (I just used a large crushed, I use it for all my sauces)
1 can (drained) green beans (or frozen)
1 can of condensed French Onion Soup
4 cups of water
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini




Brown the sausage.  I always blot up most of the fat released from the sausage.



Dump in the tomatoes, soup, and water and bring to a low boil.



Dump in the broccoli and green beans and simmer until crisp tender (about 5 min.)



Dump in the frozen tortellini and cook until tender.

Done....


I have wanted to make my soup the minute  I saw this recipe on the {Busy Little Ladybugs}.
Please go to her blog to see what they are supposed to look like and how you are supposed to make them.




Because, I burnt the poor little things to death......  I knew they were almost done when I started to talk to my Oldest Daughter.  They smell really good right before they burn ; (




I scrapped as much as I could off, and still put cheese on them.



Here is the soup.  Soooo Good.



Cheese toast was still good.  I bet it is Super Duper Good if I didn't burn it.



I really don't even think they noticed.  They all said, "mom, this is the best!"  I can hardly wait to make it again and do it Right.....  They ate ALL of it.....



Happy Cooking.  Rhonda




2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you through Blue Cricket. You have some adorable projects, and this recipe looks great! I'm following you now.

    Come visit!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.