Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kitchen Island Organization



I have a rolling cart in the middle of my kitchen to serve as an island.  I mainly use it to keep my mixer, blending stick and odds and ends in.



Well, this is what I have been looking at for about two weeks now -- YIKES....




This is in the center of my kitchen, so, you really can't miss it.  Sometimes I think, if the top of my head was flat, I would stack stuff on it?!   Anyway, I did take everything off and cleaned out my bread basket.  I tossed stale and anything green out, and moved it to another area of my kitchen.  I also cleaned the top off.






The drawer, is never out of order (imagine that).  I just keep bag clips, seasonal sun catchers and measuring cups/spoons in it.




The bottom (behind closed doors) is another story.  I started to take everything out before snapping a picture (I saved you from that).  I did get rid of several things and relocated the bowls.







I put back the stuff I want to keep but seldom use in the bottom basket.




Just my mixer, blades and things I use all the time in the top basket.



This is much better.  I was looking for that tenderizer not to long ago -- arrg.....




That was much better.  The whole cart is organized.



Now, this picture shows the in and out box I found at my favorite thrift store.  I use it to coral my store ads and coupons.  Again, I am a piler , so, I had these piled up everywhere.  Now that they have a home, I can pile until I am able to cut and file my coupon's.  It will hold a few weeks worth without it being out of control.  I only keep the current weeks grocery ads.




This is the sides of the cart.  I hung a basket that holds my good dishes paper plates and the other side holds my husbands BBQ tools and pot holders.

That's it.  I feel much better.

Happy Organizing!
Rhonda











5 comments:

  1. Looks so good!! My island and one part of my counter are constantly a mess.. even if I clean and straighten they are messy again within an hour, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic beat ! I wish to аppгеntice ωhile you
    amenԁ youг website, how could i subscribe foг a
    blog ωeb sitе? Thе account aіԁed
    me а acсeρtablе deаl.
    I were tiny bit fаmilіar of this your bгoadсast pгοvided vibrant cleаr concеpt http://yoaqui.com/shanerihm

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.