Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pretty Frosted Vase


I love flowers and plants.  The only thing is, I kill all things green.  Well, not everything, cactus can usually survive me.  Anyway, my niece got me some pretty pink flowers.  I am not a pink person, but, it's Easter and pink is allowed.  





Here they are.




I did put them out for Valentines day remember?




Well, I wanted to use the flowers again, but, not in the same vase.  I don't own many vases and I wanted a special one for Easter without spending more money.  I remembered the paint I got at Michael's on clearance.  What a shock when I painted a picture frame thinking it was going to be a light pink and it was a pearl or frosted -- YIKES.....   But, I thought it would pretty on a vase and I wouldn't waste my paint or extra supplies for the Halloween apothecary jars.  ; )



It was a pretty frost, but, the pink is hard to see.




So, I gave it another coat of paint.



Can you see the pink shine?



In the right light, the pink is ever so soft.



I like it -- it's very feminine.  I might put in on my nightstand after Easter.




It goes well with my little egg basket and bunny too.

Hoppy Easter.
Rhonda



5 comments:

  1. It is pretty...I love the soft pink in the vase...it is ever so slight! Great post! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative idea!


    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It looks so simple too. You know I love a simple project. Thanks for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays. Stop back Thursday 6 EST for a Bloglovin Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transforamtion a little spray paint can do! Looks great! thanks for linking up! :)

    Bonnie @ uncommon

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.