Friday, July 6, 2012

Up-cycled Ribbon Holder

I had this project going when I made my daughter's ribbon holder (go here to see Jean's).  I got the idea from Jen, at Scissors and Spatulas.  I just love her style.  Anyway, here is what I came up with. 




Here is Jen's.  I like that hers is a little more compact (go here to see more of Jen's ribbon holder and stay awhile to be inspired).



This is what I started with.  It was a plate holder I found at Goodwill.



I added two more dowels with ordinary cup hooks.  The dowels just slide right through.



I think I will add more hooks and a dowel to the middle.



I also used little black rubber O rings thingies to hold the dowels in place (you can see one on the first dowel).



Filled it up with ribbon and now I am working on my laundry/craft room so I can hang this bad boy up.



I LOVE MY CHALKBOARD LABELS.

How do you store your ribbon?

Rhonda










27 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for participating in the blog hop. I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. shoot. don't look like a messy roost here! YOu put me to shame! LOvely neat blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! It came out great and the color is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do I store my ribbon? You really want to know? They are all thrown in a shopping bag and in a closet. Now I feel really messy and unorganized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I'm creating a craft room and always looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to find something like this. My ribbon is stuffed into a drawer of my craft cart and I have to go digging to find the one I want. And you thought I was organized. Look at you! Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Mine is all in a plastic tote-not at all as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea! I need one of these... {adding to list}
    ♥ Terrie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very cute! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again next Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute and practical!! I love all your ribbon.

    I'm glad you linked this up at Romance on a dime. Thanks for sharing. I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great repurpose project!! Love it! And you've been FEATURED at my Unveil Your Genius link party! Hop on over to grab a Featured button. http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/07/unveil-your-genius-link-party.html
    PS...thanks so much for partying with me! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats this was last week's most viewed link.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.