Saturday, June 15, 2013

Craft Caddy

Hi everybody, I hope you have all been good lately.  I have been M.I.A. for a long time.  I will do a separate post about all that is going on because I have major wining to do.  Ok, maybe a little whining now.  My camera got FRIED right before we left to go to Oklahoma for my daughter's softball tournament. I told my dear hubby that the cord he was using was wrong, and did he listen to me?  Of course not, I have the broken camera to prove it.  Anyway, he found a camera just like mine on EBay and it should be here no later than Tuesday.  Now, back to it.  I was feeling sorry for myself and browsed through some draft posts when I came across this one.  I forgot that I took a few pics, so, this has made me a little happier.  This is my portable craft caddy.  I got the idea from Miss Mustard Seed's  blog.





This is what I started with.



I got it thrifting back in August, 2011.  It has taken me this long to figure out what to do with it - Yikes!



 I was thrilled when I found out these cute little pots fit in the holes.  I got them at The Dollar Tree.  I also used them here to make my Halloween Treat Pots.



To distress them a little I just added a few drops of water to acrylic paint to get that washed look.



And of course, a little minwax varnish to age it.



This is what I ended up with.



I found some little saucers and used them for my markers and pens to keep them from falling through the chicken wire on the bottom.





I gathered up all supplies I need to make a quick card and paint a little something.



I like the way it looks and the way I can just carry it all over, especially when I am sitting and watching a movie.

Happy Crafting.

Rhonda


12 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda,

    It's nice and handy to have all of your supplies compact and portable isn't it. Love your idea.

    Bye for now, Darlene

    http://mylittleshopoftreasures.blogspot.ca
    http://darlenebnemeth.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful :) I host a link party on Tuesday called The Gathering Spot and would love it if you'd share a recipe or two. Thanks for sharing with us this week at the Let's Get Social Sunday. Have a great week! Diane @MamalDiane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a handy idea!! I love it!

    I hope you link up with us this week!
    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/06/on-display-monday-linkup-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! There are so many things I could do with your design. Perfect for parties, picnics, my daughter's hair accessories, and craft supplies as you have done. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda ~ That came out cute! I love the chalkboard paint ~ so fun. Thank you so much for Linking Up at Brag About It @VMG206 this week. We are so happy to have you join us!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Please Link Up at my NEW party!! Open NOW (Sat thru Fri) @ DIY Showcase Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a chalk board lover and your caddy is super sweet!!!!!Pinned:) http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/handkerchief-party-bunting.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out super cute! I am new from southern charm. I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rhonda - that's really a great idea and it looks so cute on your table.

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    We'd love it if you would link back to BeBetsy! http://bebetsy.com

    Have a great weekend~xo
    Sharon and Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!! I love the chalkboard tray underneath it as well. Such a fun space to create. Our Simply Create Link Party is going on right now. I'd love to have you link this up! Hope to see you soon. :)

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea!! I love the idea of being able to move my craft stuff with me from room to room. The chalkboard tray is cute too! New follower; can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.