Friday, October 25, 2013

Haunted Pumpkin Patch

I have had this very cool basket for about a year now.  I got it at one of my favorite thrift stores for only a dollar.  It is a perfect fit for the top of my red hutch.







I filled the bottom of the basket with some floral foam and Spanish moss.  The little piece of black fence came from my favorite store, The Dollar Tree.




The orange pumpkins came from there too.  I just found sticks around the yard for the pumpkins and stuck them right into the floral blocks.



I hot glued some fall leaf stickers on the sticks, and 



added some raffia for some interest.



To give it that Halloween effect, I cut some eyes and a mouth out of regular construction paper and used a glue stick to attach it the pumpkins.  I didn't really want anything permanent.




Next came some spider webs and a crow to sit on the fence.



Everything needs spiders......



He does not like spiders - yikes.



It is amazing all the great stuff you can get for a dollar.  My basket was a great thrifted find, but, the floral blocks, Spanish moss, pumpkins, fence, crow, and sign are all Dollar Store items.  How are you using your dollar finds?  

Happy Haunting



2 comments:

  1. How fun and festive!! My husband has the basement all done up. I've only got a couple of things on the main floor, but they're still cool. :)

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.