Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Grassy Easter Glass Block

I love Spring and Easter.  My husband loves the Fall, don't get me wrong, the Fall is equally beautiful.  Spring is just a time of renewal and rebirth.  I remember when my brother passed away (four years ago he was only 39), my aunt reminded me that John was like a tree in winter dead, but with spring (Jesus in his heart), comes renewal and rebirth in heaven with Jesus.  I instantly felt better.  So, here is to my Cowboy, John, Happy Spring Baby Brother.



I still enjoy my glass block, but, it is getting harder to come up with things to put inside.









This year I decided to fill it with fake grass and Easter Eggs.  This is all I needed.  I cut the grass into two rectangles (it was easier to handle when putting them into the glass).  I then stuck the light through the back of the grass and shoved it in the bottom.  I used the tongs to put the Easter eggs in and fix the lights a little, added a cute bow, and TA DA... done!




Oh Hoppy Day!

xoxo


10 comments:

  1. How pretty! Just simple grass makes such a striking design element....... These would be terrific on my blog hop. Would you please come join the party? Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop

    Thanks much!! :)
    “hugs” Crystelle

    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Crystelle, I can never say no to a party. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Tip Me Tuesday linky party this week. {knuckle bumps} Did you know that I can "lend" your blog posts my Google page rank for better search engine traffic? {fabulous} If you upload at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL into your Tip Junkie craft room, you'll be in business! {wink} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
    http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie, you are the bomb diggity doo. I will take you up on that. I may have some questions, so, I will email you. Thanks for stopping by and all of that glorious information.

      Delete
  4. Such an easy craft, but adds so much! Where did you pick up that glass block?
    Renee @ CreativeMamaMessyHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, you are so sweet, thank you for such a nice comment. I won mine at Bunco, but, I know Hobby Lobby has them. That is where I got my stand and I got a smaller one for my bedroom. I will have to post that too. Thanks again for stopping by. Rhonda

      Delete
  5. too cute! I have to get one or three of these blocks! I love how the lights, eggs and grass show, totally original Easter basket :) Stop by our Snickerdoodle Sunday sometime and link up - we would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it looks mighty kool. awesome easter and spring décor
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a simple decoration to put together, and it's so colorful. Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.